Thursday, June 7, 2007

First day of our new blog!!

Well, since everyone in the world seems to have a blog, and we aren't so close, geographically, to family, I thought we should start our own blog! There will be plenty to update soon enough, and very little time to chat with everyone individually, so this seems logical.

As I type, the triplets are doing some rearranging of themselves in my belly. As uncomfortable as that is, it's the neatest feeling in the world! They are growing very well, so every movement is very noticable at this point. I am getting pretty big, and reaching the keyboard on the computer is a challenge in itself (as is reaching a steering wheel, or even my feet for that matter!)



29 weeks....yikes!

Time is zipping by. The boys are scheduled to be delivered (by c-section) on July 12, 2007, which is exactly 5 weeks from today. That will be 34 weeks and 3 days, so they should be a pretty good size by that time. I was at McMaster on Tuesday and based on the measurements they took, baby A is approx 2.4lbs, baby B is 2.6lbs and baby C is 3lbs. These measurements are very rough since they are squished in there but somehow able to move around enough to make it extremely difficult to get accurate measurements. In anycase, they all look pretty good. Baby A's stomach looked kind of small on Tuesday, so I need to go back next week for another look. I'm hoping it was just because he's at the bottom of the pile and therefore hard to measure, but they seemed quite easy going about it so I never bothered to ask what that would mean. I always come up with 20 questions for them after I leave! I am told that if the babies are born on their scheduled day, they will most likely be transferred out of McMaster fairly quickly to Grand River Hospital in Kitchener. It doesn't save a lot of commuting, but somehow Kitchener just seems like a more familiar place to be and that is comforting. Not to mention the fact that Kitchener is a level II NICU vs McMaster which is a level III. There is a lot of comfort in knowing that they don't need to be in a higher level NICU.

Sydney is doing really well. She's had some trouble with biting at daycare, which has been really frustrating, but she's doing much better. She never stops talking these days, which is very entertaining for us. It's hard to believe she's going to be 2 in a couple of weeks, but then sometimes it's hard to believe she's only turning 2. She is 100% a daddy's girl, and it's really cute. It makes me sad that I can't do as much with her these days due to my lack of mobility, but she has so much fun with Paul anyway. Part of me can't wait to see her as a big sister, but part of me is really sad for her too. She has no idea what is to come!

Well, that's more than enough for day 1. Hopefully I will stick with the blogging, so that I can keep everyone up to date after the babies are born!

Bye for now!
Casey

2 comments:

Tricia G said...

Great idea starting a blog Casey! That way when you shut off the phone when the babies are born, we can still find out how you are without fear of waking you or the babies.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS
You do look ready !!

Hi to you both. Happy to see this, and will check back soon.

:)
Heather.