Tuesday, March 22, 2011

I never liked 'springing forward'...

So, this time change isn't really working out for me...I don't need extra daylight after supper. I'd prefer pitch black...if you want to flick the light on the moon too, that'd be fine. My kids were all in bed before 7pm prior to this special daylight savings event. And so it seems reasonable that they are pushing me out to 8pm. But shouldn't it also stand to reason that they would wake up an hour later? Because I can tell you one thing, they sure were not getting up at 4:30am before the time change, but 5:30 is a time I've seen too often in the last week!

So, maybe it's not the time change...because the girls are sleeping in. The boys have been given added incentive to keep their pull-ups dry overnight...so 5:30am is more of a nature call than a wake up call. But just you try to convince three groggy boys (standing directly outside of a sleeping baby's room) that it's not time to get up. They aren't quiet at the best of times...urgh! This is the trouble with 3 boys in one room...nobody just gets out of bed quietly to pee...they open the door (I know...I unlocked it! Crazy eh??), and then stand at the top of the stairs and cry 'my pee is coming!!!' Did I ever mention how much easier my life was when these boys were in diapers? I think I started a top ten reason list of why diapers were better...I should go revisit that....

No comments: