Tuesday, June 14, 2011

oh where did that last month go??

Well, so much for keeping up with the blog eh??

I suppose I can use the excuse of nice weather, right? It's just been too nice to do the indoor stuff I guess. The funny thing about this time of year is that I'm so gung ho about getting out and doing something 'outdoorsy' with the kids everyday, that by the time we get a crappy weather day, they are SO happy to just sit home and 'play'. But don't you just love the kind of tired that comes from playing outside all day?? Like, super easy bedtime, no fight left in them kinda tired? I LOVE that. L.O.V.E.

So this coming Saturday is Sydney's 6th birthday, followed by Jake, Seth & Ryan's 4th birthdays one week later. WHERE did the time go?? I am sending 4 kids to school in September. FOUR of them!!!! Sounds exciting doesn't it? Well, it is and it isn't. Big adjustment coming up...we'll just see who is ready and who isn't!! The not-ready might be me! haha! Sydney will be moving to a new school for grade 1 and starting a French Immersion program. Luckily for her, her bestest friend from JK&SK is doing the same and they will be in the same class!! YAY! Unfortunately, there is no bussing for her because the school is outside of our boundry, so I will have to drop-off/pick-up, BUT, the boys get to go to the same school for kindergarten, so I don't have to juggle two different schools!

And the boys. Not only do they get the adjustment of starting school, I'm throwing them a couple more curve balls. All three will be in seperate classes. This was a no-brainer for me. Absolute best chance of success and most importantly for me, the opportunity to develop their own personalities, friendships, and just be individuals...not 'one of the triplets'. The other big curveball I requested was that they not all go on the same day. There actually are enough kindergarten sections at the school for all 3 to go on the same day and still be in seperate classes, and while the appeal of having only Jamie at home 2 or 3 days per week was compelling, this was a no-brainer too once I thought about it. I have to drive all 5 kids to the school everyday anyway. But think of the off-days...4 kids at home on the non-school days for the boys, is not a whole lot different from now. Still too many kids for me to bring to many programs on my own. And forget trying to convince one of them to sit with me to work on letters, numbers, etc. BUT, think of only 2 kids on one day and 3 on the other. Now those of you with 2 or 3 kids, may not feel the same way, and I don't blame you, but 3 kids is a flippin breeze when you've been dragging 5 around!! I think I could do nearly anything with 2 or 3 kids! Sooo...who goes on the other day? I went with Seth. Seth & Jake are identical, which already puts Ryan as the odd man out, which I really don't like. With one of them on the seperate day, it's unlikely that anyone would even know that they were brothers, much less triplets. They don't even know what that word means and I'm pretty content with that. Since Jake is probably going to be the saddest for the first little while, I wanted him to have a playground buddy. So, that leaves Seth on his own....phew. That's a lot of crazy.

And then there is poor Jamie, who is happiest surrounded by crazy. What will she do with only 1 or 2 brothers to play with?? :)

But before we worry about all the school craziness, we have 4 birthdays to think about!! Sydney is celebrating her 6th birthday at Apps' Mill Nature Centre. Her and her friends will be doing a bit of a treasure hunt using hand held GPS units. Super fun! And then we'll have our usual backyard party the following week with anyone and everyone we know! Lots of fun, coming right up! Will definitely post pictures from that madness :)

Here are some recent pics:
Jake trying to catch tadpoles from the pond at Laurel Creek

My pirates - argh!!!

A flower for mom :)

Sydney & Seth looking for frogs at Pinehurst

Yeah...this kid does not want to swim at the beach. Just sayin'

No comments: